From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
The POV.1 from V.I.O. is built for one purpose: capturing hands-free video from the most thrilling point of view ... yours. The entire system is built to withstand exposure to the dust, shock, and water that make action sports fun. Plus, it’s push-button easy to use. The lens can be mounted to best capture the action, for example on a helmet, handlebar, or car fender. The recorder can be mounted nearby or stowed in a hydration pack. The wireless remote can be mounted anywhere within reach.
V.I.O. POV1 Highlights An integrated system. All from V.I.O
V.I.O. is the innovation leader in POV video technology. With the POV.1, we have designed and built the most advanced, integrated POV system by combining lens, recorder, software and mounting accessories. From capturing video to cut-and-splice editing to online distribution, the process is simple and seamless. No-brainer Simple
If you can push a button, you can master the POV.1. The video is hands free. The cut-and-splice editing is intuitive. Distributing video involves a simple mouse-click to upload your clip to the V.I.O. server for secure access. Other capabilities you’ll want to take advantage of include real-time tagging to mark key moments for easy retrieval, and loop recording, which saves video being captured only if the tag button is pressed. Since tags can save material before the tag, you can actually record back in time.
|Comes with Windows-compatible software for editing and uploading clips|
V.I.O. comes with its own Windows-compatible software that allows you to upload video clips to a computer via the USB cable or removable SD card, cut and splice to create multiple clips from a single clip or join multiple clips into a single clip. Then you can upload clips to the V.I.O. server so friends can view and download them online. Video
You can adjust functions you want to control, such as frame rate, resolution and format. Exposure and white balance are automatic. You can play back videos on the POV.1 directly to a TV via the included RCA cables, or upload to a computer via USB cable or the removable SD card.
- Frame rates: 30fps, 25fps, 24fps, and 15fps
- Resolutions: 720x480, 720x400, 640x480, 360x240
- Formats: MPEG4 AVI (DivX Codec) digital, NTSC/PAL analog
- Exposure control: Automatic exposure control and white balance
The CMOS sensor and global shutter capture sharp, vivid detail without eating battery power. The high dynamic range conquers difficult lighting, like when shooting from darkness toward light. And it all works in freezing cold or roasting heat.
- Sensor: Advanced CMOS sensor with electronic global shutter
- Dynamic range: 75dB to 110dB
- Sensitivity: 5 lux color sensor (Sub 0.1 lux monochrome sensor)
- Processor: 32 Bit MIPS processor, 12 Bit image
- Operating Temp: 0C to +70C Recommended
You get a lot of light through the lens and the right focal length to capture all the action.
- Sensitivity: F/#2.0, Relative Illumination@Full Field 90%
- Effective Focal Length: 2.97mm
- Field of View: 110 degrees
Sound is an integral part of the action. The POV.1 captures it accurately and plays it back clearly.
- Mic type: Monaural Omni directional cable-mounted, -40dB sensitivity at 1kHz
- Resolution: 16-bit half duplex
- Sampling rate: 32kHz
- SNR: 80dB
- Codec: Zoran
- Speaker: Monaural 8ohm Mylar, 0.7W Max
When the going gets tough, flash memory nails it. No moving parts. Lightweight. And several cards fit in a pocket. Expect up to 1.5 hours of high-quality video or 10 hours using lowest setting per 2GB card.
- Recording capacity: 2GB Maximum SD Flash Memory Card (1GB card included)
- File Functions: Record, Playback, Delete
- I/O Ports: SD card slot, USB 2.0 high speed (Mini -B), Mic-In, NTSC/PAL Analog TV/Audio Out
A few intuitive buttons are all you need. The interface is designed for speed and ease-of-use to help you create and distribute, within minutes, videos filled with key action and free of non critical material.
Size and mass
- Navigation Controls: All on recording unit, including Quick Mode select keys for Recording, Playback, and Set Up mode
- Auxiliary Controls: Unidirectional RF remote control with Record, Tag and Stop controls
- Functionality: Record, Tagging, File Navigation including Select, Playback and Delete. Recording configurable for either Standard Clip capture or Loop Mode. User configurable camera settings via Settings Menu screens
It's lightweight and compact. And it runs on 4 double-A's.
- Recording Unit: 40mm x 60mm x 167 mm, 304 grams (with 4 AA batteries)
- Imaging Head: 58 grams
- Remote Control: 24 grams (with A27 battery)
- Tether Cable: Approximately 1 meter length